Utrecht Network Erasmus Staff Training "Facilitating Researcher Mobility in the Utrecht Network: Quality Services and a Welcoming Culture" at the University of Tartu 5-7 May, 2015
Registration: closed. If you are interested in the topics discussed and could come on short notice, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. There may be some last minute cancellations and vacancies may open.
Participation costs: Workshop materials, admission to all sessions, lunches, refreshments during breaks, dinners and cultural program is covered by Utrecht Network/University of Tartu. Participants are kindly encouraged to apply for ERASMUS+ Staff Training Program funding at their home institution to cover travel and living.
Tuesday 5 May
17:00 - 17:30 Welcome by Martin Hallik, Vice Rector for Academic Affairs. Some snacks and welcome drink (University's Art Museum/Main Building, Ülikooli 18)
17:30 - 18:00 Small excursion in the main building (University's Art Museum/Main Building, Ülikooli 18)
18:00 - 19:00 Guided walk in town center - we'll have a brief look at some of Tartu's historic landmarks and pass our seminar venue. Meeting point: lobby of the Main Building, under the clock.
19:00 Welcome Dinner (Restaurant Werner, Ülikooli 11)
Wednesday 6 May
9:00 - 9:30 Welcome Coffee (lobby, II floor)
9:30 - 9:45 Welcome by UN Steering Committee. Ülle Tensing, Head of International Students Service, University of Tartu (Room 67)
9:45 - 11:00 Plenary Lecture "Importance of Researcher Mobility and the Utrecht Network" (Room 67)
- UN and Researcher Mobility, what benefits for the Network? Monika Sprung, Director of the International Office, Ruhr-University Bochum
- Importance of Researcher Mobility for Europe and the World – the wider context. Kitty Fehringer, Coordinator EURAXESS Services Network, European Commission
11:00 - 11:15 Coffee break (lobby, II floor)
11:15 - 11:30 Small tour in the Centre for Educational Innovation. Meeting point: lobby, II floor.
11:30 - 12:30 Presentation/discussion of the Tandem Project. Sofia Karakostas, Co-Head EU GrantsAccess, International Research Programmes, ETH Zurich/University of Zurich (Room 67)
12:30 - 12:45 Group photo shoot (indoors/outdoors depending on weather)
12:45 - 14:00 Lunch (Cafe Noir, Ülikooli 7)
14:00 - 15:30 Parallel Workshops – How to Establish and Manage Effective Research Mobility Schemes?
- The Must Have Services for Incoming Researchers – target audience is institutions that are seeking to develop researcher mobility schemes and services. Kirsi Korhonen, International HR Specialist, University of Helsinki (Room 67)
- Insider Views on Success Stories Services – target audience is well developed researcher mobility schemes where participants can share experiences on particular activities and success stories. Anna Gopon, Coordinator Welcome Centre, Ruhr-Universität Bochum (Room 71)
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee break (lobby, II floor)
16.00 - 17.00 Workshops, Part II (same locations and topics as above)
19:00 Dinner (University Cafe, Ülikooli 20)
Thursday 7 May
8:30 - 9:00 Optional short tour in the Cathedral – visiting viewing platforms on top of the towers, brief look at the medieval burial chamber etc. Registration is not necessary. Meeting point: main entrance to the museum, Lossi 25, photo of site.
9:00 - 10:30 Managing expectations - Interculturalism at Work. Kirsi Korhonen, International HR Specialist, University of Helsinki and Djuddah Leijen, Head of Centre for Academic Writing and Communication, University of Tartu (White Hall of the Museum, Lossi 25)
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break / Signing letters of confirmation for participants supported by Erasmus+ program (White Hall of the Museum, Lossi 25)
11:00 - 12:00 Closing Plenary (White Hall of the Museum, Lossi 25)
- Workshop presentations
- Final Wrap Up and Evaluation
14:00 - 16:00 Outdoor activities on practicing welcoming culture: barge trip on river Emajõgi together with International Staff of the University of Tartu. The cultural event is for Workshop attendees not participating in the AGM. Meeting point: pier in front of the Restaurant Atlantis.